For more than 35 years, Wakefield Contracting has managed a diverse range of large and small commercial renovation and new construction projects. From large shopping centres to medical installations, leasehold improvements and seismic upgrades, we focus on the individual needs of our client with a close eye on the bottom line. We collaborate with engineers, architects and designers to create practical solutions that work, turning the vision into reality. Our commercial clients appreciate our attention to detail, quality workmanship and exceptional customer service.
Our projects include:
- owned, operated and maintained commercial (Herald Building) and residential (Linden Street apartments) in Victoria
- developed and built shopping centres on Shelbourne Street, Island Highway in Colwood and the Caprice triple theatre complex in Langford.
- leasehold improvements to commercial buildings including a radio station - CFAX 1070 on Broughton Street, government buildings - Federal building on Government Street, commercial banks, medical and dental offices, and restaurants including Sam’s Deli, Smitty’s Pancake House and Chauney’s Restaurant.
- extensive renovation to Spinnakers Brewpub
- addition and renovation to the lower floor of the Royal Victoria Yacht Club
- designed and completed leasehold improvements to the First People’s Heritage, Language and Culture Council offices in Brentwood Bay
- new construction for hospitals – installed the radiology department at the Helmken Road Hospital
- construction of Anscombe House at Queen Alexandra Hospital
- asbestos abatement at Gorge Road Hospital
- seismic upgrade to Hartwig Court on Wharf Street
- worked with engineers, architects and owners to develop feasibility studies for commercial and residential renovations
- conducted regular inspections to validate commercial and residential home warranty maintenance programs
- built sea walls and wharfs in Victoria’s Inner Harbour and at Elk Lake
- worked with landscape architects to construct custom garden structures and develop green spaces
- completed seismic upgrades to heritage and new buildings