Over the past 35 years, Wakefield Contracting has been proud to work with Victoria’s finest engineers, architects, designers and skilled tradespeople to deliver quality craftsmanship and exceptional customer service.
Here’s some of our past projects.
- Converted heritage Herald Building on Herald Street into modern loft condominiums.
- Converted heritage apartment building into modern Linden Street Apartments.
- Congregation Emmanu –El Synagogue
In 1978, Wakefield Construction lead the restoration and revitalization of Victoria’s oldest house of worship and the oldest surviving Synagogue in Canada in conjunction with local architects and engineers. The revitalizing project included removing old paint and stucco; duplicating antique bricks; recreating doors no longer manufactured; shipping stained glass from Europe; remaking 300 elaborate spindles for the gallery railing and restoring a rose window that could not be removed from the wall. Wakefield was awarded local, national and international heritage awards for this project.
- Developed and built shopping centres on Shelbourne Street, Pacific Rim Plaza on Island Highway in Colwood, and the Caprice Triple Theatre Complex in Langford.
- Leasehold improvements to commercial buildings including CFAX 1070 on Broughton Street, the Federal Building on Government Street, commercial banks, medical and dental offices, and restaurants including Sam’s Deli, Smitty’s Pancake House and Chauney’s Restaurant.
- Extensive renovation to Spinnakers Brewpub.
- Addition and renovation to the lower floor of the Royal Victoria Yacht Club in Victoria’s Oak Bay neighbourhood.
- Designed and completed leasehold improvements to the First People’s Heritage, Language and Culture Council offices in Brentwood Bay, B.C.
- Developed and built a residential subdivision in Gordon head (Wakefield Place).
- Built custom private residences in the Gulf Islands.
- Installed the radiology department at the Helmken Road Hospital.
- Built Anscombe House at Queen Alexandra Hospital.
- Asbestos abatement at Gorge Road Hospital.
- Seismic upgrade to Hartwig Court on Wharf Street.
- Worked with engineers, architects and owners to develop feasibility studies for commercial and residential renovations.
- Conducted regular inspections to validate commercial and residential home warranty maintenance programs.
- Built sea walls and wharfs in Victoria’s Inner Harbour and at Elk Lake.
- Worked with landscape architects to construct custom garden structures and develop green spaces.
- Completed seismic upgrades to heritage and new buildings.