Menu

Heritage Restorations

In 1984, Wakefield restored this once elegant neo-classical building, originally built for the Royal Bank of Canada in 1909, to its original glory. T-bar ceilings, typical of the 1950s era of Bauhaus architecture, were removed and the original plaster columns and arches in the 24-foot ceiling were exposed and rebuilt by hand. Linoleum flooring was removed and the original oak hardwood and terrazzo floors were repaired and refurbished to their original lustre.